We’re so excited to welcome our first ever guest blog by the fabulous ladies at Heidi Elnora Atelier! Elizabeth Singleton is a Design Assistant at Heidi and we absolutely adore her and the entire team there. We know as a bride-to-be, finding the perfect wedding dress is difficult. We asked Elizabeth to share her knowledge on picking out the wedding dress that matches you and your style to a T!
Heidi Elnora Atelier on Morris Avenue
Wedding dress shopping can be a daunting task…there are so many dress silhouettes, so many fabric choices, beading techniques, types of lace…the list goes on and on! Here is how we help our brides at heidi elnora Atelier narrow down their selections to the right style just for them:
1. When you arrive to the boutique, take a moment to sit back, relax and chat with your bridal stylist/and or designer about your wedding. We love to hear about our bride-to-be’s wedding day. The best part is to see the glow of excitement all over her face as she tells the story about how she met her fiance. The same glow is there as she tells us about all of the details unique to her wedding, and shows us her pin board full of her wedding dress ideas on Pinterest. All of this information is so helpful to us. It helps us learn about your personality and the feel you are going for on your big day which helps us find the perfect dress to suit your personality!
While we love to hear all of the things you would like in your dream dress, we also like to hear constructive feedback. We need to know that you aren’t a huge fan of the mermaid fit you have on, but you love the lace detail of another dress you tried on earlier. This way we can pull more dress options that would work better for you, and we’ll get closer and closer to finding the one!
2. While you’ve always dreamed of bringing every family member and every close girlfriend with you while you shop, it is always a great idea to limit the amount of people that accompany you for your dress shopping experience. This is a time just for you; you are getting married! Our focus and our mission together is to find you the wedding gown of your dreams. Keeping that in mind, be careful how many people accompany you during this special time. We recommend that you do not bring any more than 3-4 guests to your appointment so that you can stay focused and enjoy every moment of your time with us. We want this to be as much FUN as possible for you! You want to make sure you are choosing a dress that feels right for you (no one else), and a dress that you know your fiance will love too.
Gorgeous hand beaded belts and hand sewn veils
3. Make sure you set a budget for your wedding dress before you start shopping.
Having a dress budget not only keeps you in line financially, but it also takes part in making sure you enjoy your dress shopping experience with us. While you are chatting with your bridal stylist or designer, be sure to let them know a budget range or a budget number at the beginning of the appointment. Knowing this information helps us better help you; if we know what your dress budget is, then we know not to pull a gown outside of your budget. One thing that we do not want to happen is for you to fall in love with something, and then find out it is more than you were wanting to spend…this makes your experience with us not as enjoyable, and that’s exactly what we do not want to happen! We want to help you find the perfect gown for you, but we also do not want you to break the bank in the process.
4. Be sure to keep an open mind while you are trying on gowns.
A dress that seems just okay while it is on the hanger, could actually end up being perfect for you! You never know how a dress will look until you physically try it on your body. At the same time, a dress you may love in pictures may not be as great once you get to try it on. As women, our bodies are all so different, so try not to rule out a gown until you get to see it on your frame.
5. Finally, you LOVE your fiance, right? So you have to LOVE your wedding dress too!
The point of a wedding is not just about the dress. You get to marry the love of your life, your best friend, surrounded by other people who love and support you both individually and as a couple…that’s amazing! That being said, you need to love your wedding dress as much as you love your fiance. You can’t marry your best friend in something you just “like.” The words “like” and “love” are two very different words.
Welcoming and roomy fitting rooms
Be sure to check out Heidi Elnora Atelier when you’re looking for your dream dress! Thanks, Elizabeth!
2024 Morris Avenue, Birmingham, Alabama 35203 | 205-250-5233 | firstname.lastname@example.org