Summer is right around the corner and for our Southern readers, you know just how hot our summers can get. Summer around here doesn’t just mean June and July – it starts in April and ends in October (or later, depending on the year)! We’ve had our fair share of warm weddings and we want to share five tips for an outdoor summer wedding:
- Light food and beverages: As much as we love fried foods, stay away from heavy and hot foods at your reception. Chicken salad, fruits, lemonade, iced tea – anything you can dream up that would recharge your batteries when you’re hot! Fresh produce is key! Something light and refreshing to eat and drink will keep your guests comfortable and on the dance floor all night long!
- Ceremony Prep: If you want the outside wedding you’ve always dreamed of but it’s 100 degrees outside, make sure to have all your guests will need to keep cool so they can focus on your sweet vows. Providing cold towels, fans, cold water, bug spray and sunglasses are a few ways to ensure your guests are comfortable while attending your wedding!
- Summer-ready Vendors: Make sure you hire an experienced and professional cake artist! This is huge in the hot summer months because cakes melt! Professionals will have a game plan of when exactly to set up your cake, what ingredients to use, which frosting to use – everything you want your baker to know to keep your gorgeous cake from melting!
- Bring your own shade: Just because you’re having an outdoors wedding doesn’t mean you can’t have some shade for your guests to enjoy! From tabletop umbrellas to full blown tents, try your best to give your guests some relief from those strong sun rays.
- Summer-proof hair and make-up: A wedding dress is HOT! Add the summer heat and humidity and you’re going to be sweaty! You need the right hair and make-up team to ensure you look flawless all day long. If you know you’re going to need multiple touch ups throughout the day, go ahead and book your artist for the whole day! Also, be sure to do a trial run. Trust us, this is worth the extra money!
Whenever your outdoor soirée may be, always be sure to keep your guests best interest in mind and anticipate their needs! How did you beat the heat at your summer wedding? Share with us in the comments! Don’t ever miss a wedding planning tip or trick by following us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest!