Engagement season is here and we love seeing the new sparkly rings and big smiles all over our social media! Proposals are so special and the wedding planning process is incredibly fun but where do you begin? We have 5 tips on what to do right after your man pops the question (and after your family and friends know of course)!
1. Work on your guest list – Finding your perfect guest list number will help the rest of your planning fall into place. You need a rough estimate to make sure your venue can accommodate your crowd! Sit down with your family and your new fiance and try your best to come up with a number that works for everyone!
2. Insure your ring – That gorgeous ring of yours deserves to be protected! Most homeowners and renters insurance policies don’t cover any jewelry over $1,000. You can call your insurance provider and add on coverage that will cover the cost of your ring!
3. Set a Budget – Although budgets are the least fun part of planning, it is definitely a necessary evil. Your budget will be very important in choosing every vendor to carry out your vision!
4. Hire a wedding planner- This may seem bias but it is so true! A planner is a wedding industry professional so while you haven’t ever planned a huge celebration like this, your wedding planner has! You need someone on your side to guide you and most importantly, be there for you on your big day! A wedding planner is a must-have for your engagement season.
5. Enjoy! – This is such an exciting time in your life! While the task of planning your wedding may seem daunting, find time to sit back and enjoy this season with your new fiance! It will fly by and your big day will be here before you know it!